Pre-Engineered and Prefabricated – these are words that you hear often, in associated with construction.
What Are Pre-Engineered Buildings?
Many of us will not know what exactly a pre-engineering building is, but we might have some vague information about it. Pre-engineered buildings are made of various materials including steel, concrete and plastic. The structures are designed to last longer than the conventional buildings. PEB’s are very durable, termite-proof and weatherproof. Another great benefit of PEB’s is that the cost of construction is very low compared to traditional building design methods. Hence, manufactured PEB’s can be easily used for temporary, semi-permanent and permanent applications. This is one of the reasons why industrial design firms in Pune are relying on PEB
What Makes Pre- Engineered Buildings Different?
What makes these PEB’s stand out from the rest? Why are they gaining popularity like no other? Here are the factors that make them differ from conventional buildings:
- Pre-engineered buildings use ready-made component parts and self-supporting structures. This helps in reducing the use of shuttering, formworks and scaffoldings.
- Analyzing the cost is comparatively easier in the structure as it majorly uses ready-made components. The costs are all analyzed at the beginning stages of design itself. This also ensures that there won’t be many fluctuations in the costs at a later stage of construction. Still, some part of the cost can vary in accordance with the fluctuations in the market according to the passage of time.
- PEB’s are simple, easy to erect and extremely efficient in terms of time, design and cost. All the components are designed on special computerized programs. It is then manufactured to perfection and reviewed by a panel of an expert team of engineers with extreme precision.
- The pre-engineered buildings are also called smart steel buildings as these can be fully customized according to the needs. It is resistant against moisture, rough weather conditions, fire, termites, and earthquakes.
- The architectural versatility of PEB’s is above the standards set by conventional buildings. The building can be made an architectural beauty by incorporating canopies, curtain walls, concrete wall panels, curved eaves and much more!
Thus, in short, PEB is a fast and durable industrial structure that is chosen by many for building up faster, easier and economical buildings. All the materials used will have international quality standards. Also, future building extensions can be easily incorporated without much difficulty. Hence, PEB is the new face of building construction in this technologically advanced era!